USTR Extends Exclusions on Second Round of Section 301 List 1 Exclusions
The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced extensions on eleven (11) of the products from the second round of List 1 exclusions.
The products granted exclusions were set to expire on March 25, 2020. Following this announcement, the following products will have their exclusions extended until March 25, 2021:
These following two (2) subheadings were granted and will retain full exclusions:
The following nine (9) subheadings were granted and will retain partial exclusions:
- 8413.81.0040 – Breast pumps, whether or not with accessories or batteries
- 8421.21.0000 – Machinery for filtering water, submersible, powered by batteries, manually operated, such machinery designed for use in pools, basins, aquariums, spas or similar contained bodies of water
- 8421.21.0000 – Hand-held ultraviolet water purifiers, powered by batteries
- 8421.22.0000 – Filters designed to remove sulfites from wine
- 8421.99.0040 – Filter housings, covers, or couplings, the foregoing of steel and comprising parts of machinery or apparatus for filtering liquids
- 8431.49.9095 – Vulcanized rubber tracks, each incorporating cords and cleats of steel, designed for use on construction equipment
- 8471.70.6000 – Automated data processing storage units (other than magnetic disk drive units), not assembled in cabinets for placing on a table or similar place, not presented with any other unit of a system
- 8501.10.4020 – Electric motors, AC, permanent split capacitor type, each in a housing with outside diameter of 84 mm or less, with output of 6W or more but not exceeding 16W
- 9027.90.5650 – Inoculator sets of plastics, each consisting of a plate with multiple wells, a display tray, and a lid; when assembled, the set measuring 105 mm or more but not exceeding 108 mm in width, 138 mm or more but not exceeding 140 mm in depth, and 6.5 mm or less in thickness
The notice from USTR can be found here.
Trans-Border will continue to monitor the situation. If you have any questions, please reach out to Bill Carey, Import Compliance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 493-9444.