USTR Extends Exclusions on Certain List 1 Products
The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced extensions on product exclusions for Section 301 List 1 products from China.
The announcement extends product exclusions on eight (8) partially excluded subheadings which were set to expire on April 18. This round of exclusions will retroactively apply to all List 1 products meeting the specified criteria effective July 6, 2018 up through April 18, 2021.
- 8420.10.9080 – Roller machines designed for cutting, etching or embossing paper, foil or fabric, manually powered
- 8425.39.0100 – Ratchet winches designed for use with textile fabric strapping
- 8431.20.0000 – Counterweight castings of iron or steel designed for use on fork lift and other work trucks
- 8431.20.0000 – Tines, carriages, and other goods handling apparatus and parts designed for use on fork lift and other works trucks
- 8479.90.9496 – Reject doors, pin protectors, liners, front walls, grates, hammers, rotor and end disc caps, and anvil and breaker bars, of iron or steel, the foregoing parts of metal shredders
- 8479.90.9496 – Steering wheels designed for watercraft, of stainless steel, having a wheel diameter exceeding 27 cm but not exceeding 78 cm
- 8481.90.9040 – Pipe brackets of aluminum, each with 4 ports, the foregoing measuring 27.9 cm x 20.3 cm x 17.8 cm and weighing 11.34 kg, designed for installation into air brake control valves
- 9030.33.3800 – Instruments for measuring or checking voltage or electrical connections; electrical circuit tracers
As was the case with previous exclusions, importers with eligible products are able to claim exemption under the exclusions regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request.
You can view the full notice from USTR here.
Trans-Border will continue to monitor the situation. If you have any questions, please reach out to Bill Carey, Import Compliance Manager, at email@example.com or (800) 493-9444.