Product exclusion process for List 4 China tariffs set to open
The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced it will begin accepting product exclusions for Section 301 List 4 products starting October 31, 2019. List 4 was published in May 2019 and includes a 15 percent tariff increase on all products listed effective September 1, 2019.
To submit an exclusion request, you must register on the portal found here. As mentioned, the portal will open at noon ETD on October 31, 2019. Requesters will be asked to submit the following information:
- General Company and Contact Info
- Product HTS Number
- Product name and description
- Product function, application, or use
- Requester’s relationship to the product
- Annual quantity and value of the Chinese-origin, domestic, or third-country product
- Company’s gross revenues
- Specifics for imports sold or used in the production of final products
As with other exclusions processes, once an exclusion request is submitted, interested persons will have 14 days to respond to the request, indicating support or opposition. The poster will then have 7 days to reply to their request’s response.
The full annex from USTR can be found here.
Trans-Border will continue to monitor the situation. If you have any questions, please reach out to Bill Carey, Import Compliance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 493-9444.