USTR Extends Exclusions on Certain List 1 Products
The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced extensions on product exclusions for Section 301 List 1 products from China.
The announcement extends product exclusions on 16 partially excluded subheadings which were set to expire on June 4, 2020. As was the case with previous extensions, this round of exclusions will retroactively apply to all List 1 products meeting the specified criteria effective July 6, 2018 up through December 31, 2020.
- 8413.50.0010 – Oil well and oil field crank-balanced, long-stroke and beam pumps
- 8413.70.2004 – Centrifugal pumps, submersible, other than for use with machines for making cellulosic pulp, paper or paperboard; the foregoing pumps rated not over 15 kW
- 8413.70.2004 – Submersible pump incorporating a magnetic drive motor
- 8413.70.2090 – Centrifugal pumps designed for eliminating condensate, the foregoing not elsewhere specified or included
- 8413.91.9010 – Housings for water pumps of subheading 8413.30.90
- 8419.19.0040 – Solar water heaters incorporating glass tube heat collectors and including glass tubes and stands with tanks
- 8419.90.3000 – Heat exchanger plates, cores, finned tubes, cones, shells, bonnets, flanges and baffles
- 8428.90.0290 – Garage door opener/closers
- 8430.10.0000 – Pile drivers, diesel powered
- 8431.39.0010 – Welded frames designed to support conveyor rollers
- 8483.90.8010 – Coupling covers, including center members, flanged hubs, sleeves and shoes
- 8501.53.8040 – AC multi-phase motors, each of an output exceeding 300 kW but not exceeding 310 kW, fitted with pulleys and brakes to raise and lower passenger elevators
- 8504.40.4000 – Regenerative speed drive controllers for controlling speed of electric motors for elevators
- 8504.40.4000 – Speed drive controllers for electric motors, each such controller measuring 100 mm or more but not over 130 mm in length, 40 mm or more but not over 125 mm in width and 24 mm or more but not over 85 mm in height
- 8529.90.9900 – Projector parts (described in statistical reporting number)
- 9018.19.9560 – Disposable surface electrodes for intra-operative neuromonitoring (“IONM”) systems, each composed of a surface electrode pad, an insulated wire, and a standard DIN 42802 connector
As was the case with previous exclusions, importers with eligible products are able to claim exemption under the exclusions regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request.
You can view the full notice from USTR here.
Trans-Border will continue to monitor the situation. If you have any questions, please reach out to Bill Carey, Import Compliance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 493-9444.