Letter from Jeff – Quarterly Newsletter Q3 2020
So Many Things, So Much Noise… So What?
by Jeffrey Millens
Well – How are you ? Think about it…How Are You ? People ask this question all the time, but do they really listen to the answer or better yet do you actually give them a “real” answer or the answer to just move on from this question ? Words mean something – actions mean something – we mean something… so simple yet so complex 😊.
My kids who are all now the following ages – 23, 21, 20, 18 and 16 hear me ramble on about RESPECT all the time. So I decided to explore RESPECT.
What Is the Definition: due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others (there are more, but I liked this one)
How do we show RESPECT:
- Listen – Do we listen to people and validate their thoughts or just think about we want to say
- Affirm – Do we say something positive about a person which shows them that they are important and have value
- Serve – Do we want to help others – be selfless…
- Kind – A simple way to show respect
- Politeness –You Are Welcome….eye to eye contact….remember manners ?
- Thankful – Tell People that they have made a difference and show them….
I am not here to lecture, but maybe just to remind us that we should value every day and be respectful to each other and our ideas and thoughts. At Trans-Border we have built our business on showing respect to our co-workers, customers and vendor partners. We may not always agree, but we will always be respectful.
Thank you for your time and wishing you, your families and friends much love, health and positive mojo. How are you doing?
Peace & Love,