Severe Congestion at Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach
Due to unprecedented pre-Lunar New Year inbound volumes, Los Angeles and Long Beach ports are experiencing extreme congestion. Below is a quick overview of what is occurring:
- More vessels – creating labor shortage and extended berth times
- Truck Power – cannot keep up with demand
- Chassis Shortage – containers/chassis out of port for longer than normal
- Dwell Times – increased by 3-7 days
- Rail – terminals changing destinations from on-dock to off-dock, more pressure on truckers and chassis supply
We will continue to do our best to move your shipments in a timely manner.
If you have any questions about a specific shipment, please contact us at 800-493-9444.